The term passive house is a reference to a rigorous standard for energy efficiency in buildings and many other architectural structures. This standard first originated in Germany in the year 1988 and is now a relevant term across many countries worldwide.
We are members of iPHA (International Passive House Association) and have access to all databases and multi-level expertise for the Passive House projects.
For the Passive house projects we are offering from unique over 2” thick Quadruple-pane effective Low Emissive glass units for windows with 0.12 U-value, to cost and energy efficient solutions for less exclusive projects. we serve our clients to optimize their investment with maximum return and low-risk policy. We appreciate our customers and take keep their interests as a priority, specializing in providing a budget-friendly solutions.
Passive House buildings allow 90% savings in heating and cooling with typical building stock and over 70% compared to average new builds.
There are three main requirements that a building has to meet in order to be eligible for the Passive Houses, along with several wise recommendations that would benefit the project overall.
PHIUS Performance Requirement are as follows:
Passive House needs to follow the requirements below in North America:
- Residential Source Energy: ≤ (# of bedrooms +1) * (6200 kWh)/yr (kWh/person/yr)
- Non Residential ≤ 119 kWh/m2/yr ( ≤38 kBTU/sqft iCFA/yr)
- Air infiltration (single family) ≤: 0.92 m3/m2*hour ( ≤ 0.050 CFM/ sqft) of gross enclosure area at 50 Pa.
- Multifamily Airtightness: ≤ 1.46 m3/m2*hour (≤0.080 CFM/sqft) of gross enclosure area at 50 Pa.
- Annual Heating Demand (climate specific): ≤ 3.1-37.6 kWh/m2/yr
(≤1.0-12.0 kBTU/sqft/iCFA/yr )
- Annual Cooling Demand (climate specific): ≤: 3.1-67.1 kWh/m2/yr
- Peak Heating Demand (climate specific): ≤: 2.5-16.9 kWh/m2/yr
- Peak Cooling Demand (climate specific): ≤:5.6-27.9 kWh/m2/yr
- Ventilation: 0.30 ACH minimum